The City of Lamesa invites all interested and qualified suppliers of materials, supplies, or services to participate in the purchasing program.
The city advertises all notice to bidders and request for proposals (RFPs) for all bids estimated to be $15,000 or more in the Lamesa press - reporter under legal notices.
- Purchases greater than $15,000 require either a request for bid or request for proposal. Both require a formal sealed competitive bid process
- All purchases in an amount under $15,000 and more than $2,000 must be made through a competitive procurement process after solicitation of at least 3 quotations or following a formal sealed competitive process if required by the city manager
- All purchases in amounts less than $2,000 must be made through a competitive procurement process after solicitation of quotations. The purchasing agent or any authorized other person seeking quotations shall attempt to obtain at three quotations if possible
- Authorized employees may make purchases in amounts less than $50 without a purchase order according to guidelines established by the department head and approved by the city manager
- Bid documents may be obtained by contacting the City of Lamesa Purchasing Agent at 806-872-4333, or faxed to 806 872-4338. They may be picked up at the purchasing agent's office at the municipal building at 601 South First Street, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Bids are received up to the posted time and opened at a regularly scheduled City Council meeting. The final bid award will be made by the City Council normally meets on the three Tuesday of each month at 5:30 p.m. in the council chambers: 601 South First Street
Lamesa, TX 79331
All interested parties are invited to the public bid openings.
- Note: bid tabulations are available form the purchasing agent